Getting your foot in Cryptocurrency via Coinbase. The main thing that you have to remember on this journey is anything invested should be something you are willing to part with.
3. Enter your personal details.
5. Select Create Account.
6. After creating an account, you’ll be directed to a confirmation page.
7. A verification link will be sent to your email. Verify your email by viewing the email and clicking Verify Email Address.
Note: If you do not receive an email from Coinbase via your Inbox, check your spam/junk folder.
8. You’ll be directed to your dashboard, select your account type (Individual).
9. For Transactions, kindly provide your local phone number which is REQUIRED for Logins(2FA Verification) and Transactions.
10. Select payment method. Create a Xfers Account to connect to your bank account. (Currently, all Xfers transactions is down) or add your credit/debit card to purchase digital coins with your local currency.
11. The current maximum value for a credit card purchase for digital coins is $200.
12. Personal Identification is required to access all functions of Coinbase. The various modes of identity verifications allowed are Passport, Driver’s License, Identification Card.
13. Upload the necessary documentation.
14. Once uploaded, Coinbase will take awhile for verification.
15. In the meantime, enter the details of your preferred payment method. If via credit card, two small charges will be made to the bank account under “Pending Transaction”. Should you not receive anything in your bank account, try another card, some banks have issues with adding cards onto Coinbase.
16. Provide the last two digits of these charges found in your online bank statements. Fret not, the two test charges are between 1.01 and 1.99 in your local currency.
17. And you’re all set!
Now you’re able to purchase and sell Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum or Litecoin from Coinbase!